Release Date: 05/26/2015
Kent Hospital is proud to announce the recipients of this year's employee service awards. The hospital honored employees for dedicated service and accomplishments on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at its annual employee awards banquet, held at Quidnessett Country Club in North Kingstown, RI. These 261 employees have given a remarkable 4335 years of collective service to Kent Hospital.
"These employees have shown outstanding commitment and dedication to the Kent Hospital community and their hard work deserves to be honored," said Michael J. Dacey, MD, MS, FACP, president and COO, Kent Hospital. "Because of these employees, Kent Hospital continues to provide the highest quality care to our patients day in and day out. I commend every one of them for their excellence and exceptional performance through the years."
Employees were recognized for their years of service ranging from five to 40 years. In addition, the William Lang Employee of the Year and Manager of the Year were also announced. Named after the late hospital administrator, William Lang, who served in that leadership role from 1960 to 1985, and was here at Kent even longer, this award recognizes excellence, dedication and commitment to the hospital, patients and the Kent family. The Manager/Employee of the Year are both selected from a pool of past year Manager of the Quarter/Employee of the Month recipients.
The 2015 Lang Employee of the Year Award was presented to Diane Ardito, RN, emergency services of Warwick, RI. Diane has worked at Kent Hospital since 2005.
The 2015 Lang Manager of the Year Award was presented to William McGuire, RN, clinical coordinator, surgical services of Harrisville, RI. Bill has worked at Kent since 2011.
Kent's 40-year employees were also recognized for their years of service. They include:
- Rebecca Bullinger, RN, 5 West, East Greenwich.
- Joanne Carlson, RN, Nurse Manager, Exeter.
- Cynthia Cote, RN, emergency services,Smithfield.
- Sheila Finch, RN, clinical coordinator, ICU, Coventry.
- Carol Janus, RN, pre admission, Hope.
- Margaret Killea, RN, 5 West, North Kingstown.
- Linda Lauzon, ultrasound supervisor, West Warwick.
- Joan Pariseault, RN, 3 South, Warwick.
- Joy Pastore, RN, clinical coordinator, Coventry.
- Donna Rocchio, laboratory, Coventry.
Other recognition include:
- 61 employees for five years of service.
- 67 employees for 10 years of service.
- 35 employees for 15 years of service.
- 16 employees for 20 years of service.
- 32 employees for 25 years of service.
- 17 employees for 30 years of service.
- 23 employees for 35 years of service.
About Kent Hospital
Kent Hospital, a Care New England Hospital, is a 359-bed, acute care hospital. It is Rhode Island’s second largest hospital, serving approximately 300,000 residents of central Rhode Island.
A teaching affiliate of The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kent offers programs in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and an Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Fellowship. Kent’s redesigned Emergency Department (ED) sees approximately 70,000 patients a year and ranks Kent’s ED volume among the top 10-percent nationally. It was the first hospital in the state to eliminate the practice of ambulance diversion.